Monday, December 8, 2014

The art of Amanda Louise Spayd

Last week I was curious what a former soapmaker was up to these days.  Amanda Louise Spayd had an Etsy shop called Squeaky Queen with melt & pour soaps with a dark vibe that brings to mind Sugar & Spite but with brighter, punchy colors.  On her Etsy page, she said she stopped making soap to focus on art but I wasn't aware of any specifics.  I just found out she has been creating adorably odd creatures for the past few years.  The dolls in her line are called Dust Bunnies.


pipsqueaks













A few years ago a filmmaker approached her about making a stop-motion film starring her creations.  The five minute film is below.



Wow.  Beautiful.

Amanda's website and blog is here.


3 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are creepy looking, yet I couldn't stop admiring the work that must have gone into them. So does she sell them, or just create for herself? Cool about the movie.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you watch the movie? The ending made me weepy. Sigh. I seem to be more emotional lately though.

      She sells them. At one point she was using human teeth, lol. Ups the creepy factor a little but I like them.

      Delete
  2. The pipsqueaks are kinda cute :) She is definitely talented at making these dolls! Their teeth creep me out though... too realistic looking lol

    The film was well done and sweet.

    ReplyDelete