Sunday, February 1, 2015

Amanda Louise Spayd pipsqueak figurine

Since my last post I have turned into a full blown ALS fan.  I'm a bit concerned by how quickly I became infatuated.  Recently ALS had a sale of her most affordable figurines ($18) in two different colors so I figured what the heck since they have resale value.  After ordering I felt guilty that I was impulse buying but I'm glad I went for him.  


I have small hands so he is itty bitty.

This pipsqueak is made of urethane resin.  He is a little over two inches tall.  I think he's cute in his bug-eyed way.

For a better size reference here he is with Tommy.






And earlier with Gato.  (Deb's cats' doppelgängers.)




I've decided this is not going to be the beginning of an obsessive need to buy a lot of these; collecting for the sake of collecting is not my thing.  (Excluding soap!)  I would get maybe one more sometime as a desk buddy.

That said I have been collecting the latest quarters with the state and national parks that started coming out five years ago, and own a cardboard coin map to put them in.  Last year was the first year I got all five that were released since they really upped the mintage from prior years.  (Woot!)

Do you have anything you currently or used to collect?

6 comments:

  1. Love the doppelganger kitties! I was totally thinking 'Aw, looks like Minion. No, looks like Bono!' (Bono is our long departed kitty that I think Minion sometimes channels, lol)

    I collected the state quarters as they came out but haven't kept up with the national park editions. I should start.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was Bono like Minion? Tommy still wants to play a lot at 11. He'll snuggle but if he doesn't wrestle or act like a predator on a daily basis he starts running around to get it out of his system.

      I started with the quarters last year, it is fun.

      Delete
    2. Minion is much more naughty, but they do remind me of each other, both in looks and personality. Bono had a more mature, arrogant, 'I'm the boss' attitude. Minion is much more childish and devious, lives on a whim.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. That figurine is so stinking cute!!! Your kitties are too by the way ;-)

    I used to collect all kinds of things: coins, baseball cards, Archie comics, cows... A right pack rat. Now a days I collect perfume I guess. My nail polish collection is pretty much complete. I am happy with my soap stash size, my make up collection. :-) have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my guys are strong willed but adorable and good company.

      The next show she's doing is nautical/beach. The preview is cute too, he's been "seashelled". :)

      https://m.facebook.com/AmandaLouiseSpayd/photos/pb.264002065514.-2207520000.1423084618./10155196004515515

      Delete
  3. Love this! ♥
    You are making me jealous, pretty!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete