Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Anticipation! First trip to California


For years I've been wanting to see California, and my wait will finally be over in the fall.  Three months ago I saw a deal for round trip flights to LA or San Francisco from NJ.  I'm more interested in seeing the coastline than spending time in either city so I bought tickets into SF and out of LA.  Excitedly I went to the county library for interesting travel books...and then largely put off figuring out what I wanted to do and where to stay, the information on hotels, restaurants, parks and things to do was overwhelming.  A couple weeks ago I realized I needed to get on the ball; some of the places I was hoping to stay were already booked.  Even though I shouldn't have I started browsing at work, reading reviews, and made all of the reservations over a couple of days.  The plan is to spend a couple of days in San Francisco, a few more in Monterey and Carmel, drive through Big Sur and then make one night stops to Santa Barbara and the airport.

The photos are what I'm looking forward to the most:  local ice cream, sea lions, Big Sur, and sunsets over water.  If anyone has restaurant recommendations please share!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! How fun! San Francisco is a great city! I haven't been to Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur in a while but I remember them being very scenic. As for Santa Barbara, I went to college there so it always has a place in my heart. ;)

    Have a great time! I hope you enjoy California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I want to do a LA, Palm Springs, San Diego loop next time.

      Delete
  2. Please be sure to take lots of photos! I'll look forward to hearing all about your trip. I know you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete